Top 21 Best Classic Board Games For Kids Of 8
Players hide a wooden bear under one of six sturdy nesting blocks decorated as rooms in a house and then try to find him. This game capitalizes on toddlers’ love of hiding things and offers a lot of language-building opportunities. This is perfect for a two-year-old class or a multi-age group in which older students can play the adult role.
- Perfect for building pattern recognition and fine motor skills, this is the game for the whole family.
- Just spin the spinner and move the pawns up the ladders and down the chutes.
- Educational play experiences, lab tested, educator approved and loved by kids.
- Mouse Trap seemed like such harmless fun when we were kids.
- If the answer is yes, then you need to get them this next game on our list of best board games.
- Like all good games, the premise is simple but the execution provides near endless options.
35 Of The Best Board Games For Kids In 2021 And 2022
She has been contributing to The Spruce since 2019, where she covers recreation, travel, family products. Look no further than this list of the best board games and best family games. There’s no better way to bond with your family and enjoy quality time with your friends than to engage in one of these top classic family board games from your childhood.
- This game is rated for kids 10+, although we think you could go a little younger.
- The classic dice game mixes strategy and luck with every roll of the dice.
- There are a few different versions of the game, including Star Trek Panic, but I still recommend the original over the rest.
- Some games, strategy in particular, can take upwards of 60 minutes to play.
- The games in this section work really well with 2 players who are in a similar age-range – siblings 2-4 years apart or perhaps their neighbor across the street.