During the approach to the UK Games Expo, I wanted to showcase publishers and people that are involved within the boardgame industry. One of these people is Jay also known as Breacher18.
I first knew of Breacher18 via YouTube and the UK Gaming Media Network. Later on, at last years UK Games Expo, I almost had the chance to speak with her, but she was manically running around gathering interviews and showcasing the latest games to her followers. It should be easy to see her, just look for the logo (that’s what I did). Which reminds me, I really need to design myself one.
So onwards to the questions.
1) How did you get the name Breacher18?
It started when I was at secondary school and I helped one of my friends with her physics GCSE coursework. Mr. Green was not happy with this and decided to have a rant at me on how I was breaching the school rules. My class mates were highly entertained by this and persisted to call me breacher in and around school. The 18 was added later as it’s the number of the house I grew up in. Breacher18 was born and this is the internet screen name I chose to use.
2) How long have you been involved with boardgames?
About 6 years now. I used board games to help me focus on something positive and enjoyable as at the time I was in a really dark place in my life and I attribute board gaming to one of the main things that helped me get through it.
3) What drove you to start producing content?
My love of gaming and being told that my spelling/grammar was atrocious and that I wasn’t very good at writing. This pushed me to do it because I enjoy talking about games and I wanted to prove to myself I could do something, despite being told I couldn’t.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years within the BoardGame Industry?
Still enjoying it and being able to bring new people to the hobby and spread the love of board games around.
5) Considering that you have segments on the Dice Tower, has the Breacher18 brand increased?
I think so it’s difficult to say, it’s certainly got me more criticism *laughs*. I love being a part of the Dice Tower, it means a lot to me on a personal level as it’s their videos that opened my eyes to modern board gaming, so to be part of that for me is very special.
6) Going with the food theme, if I asked you to design a boardgame menu (Starter, Main Course, Dessert and then the tea and biscuit option), what kind of games would you chose to put on the menu? (No Limitations)?
Ah man such a difficult question so many tastes to cater for. I shall do this purely on my gaming tastes.
7) Are you going to the UK Games Expo? If so, are there any games, publishers or designers that you are looking to meet and talk to?
Everyone and anyone. I have a feeling I’m going to be even busier this year. You’ll have to keep your eyes peeled for Breacher18 coverage.
8) What games do you enjoy playing?
I’m an omni-gamer so there is very little I don’t enjoy playing. I
9) How do you relax when you’re not playing games?
I Sleep and then sleep some more. Even then, I’m still dreaming about games it’s all consuming. Other than that I enjoy watching a lot of films.
The questions above are just a snapshot of what Breacher18 is all about. No doubt that you will be seeing more of her. Check out her content at the following links.